SurfWriter Girls Top 10 Beach Songs
Written by SurfWriter GIrls Sunny Magdaug and Patti Kishel
With the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer almost here it’s time to start the countdown on the best beach songs for catching some waves and soaking up rays.
Whether it’s the words, the beat, the pulsing guitars or the synchronized harmonies, SurfWriter Girls Sunny Magdaug and Patti Kishel’s list of Top 10 Beach Songs all evoke a feeling that makes you want to head to the beach.
So, get out the board wax and sun screen, load up your woodie and crank up the radio. Then let the countdown begin.
10. Surfer Girl, Beach Boys, plaintive and sweet
9. Ride the Wild Surf, Jan and Dean, energetic ode to surfing
8. Blue Hawaii, Elvis – romantic the way the King does it
7. Distant Shores, Chad and Jeremy, ballad of summer romance
6. Kokomo, Beach Boys, fun with a Caribbean flavor
5. Surfin’ Safari, The Beach Boys, makes you want to ditch everything and go surfing
4. Wipe Out, Surfaris, with a throbbing drum solo and sound of a board breaking
3. Ebbtide, The Righteous Brothers, romantic and sensuous with lush imagery
2. Surfin’ U.S.A., Beach Boys, an exuberant trek from one beach to the next
1. Surf City, Jan and Dean, a mythical place where it’s two to one and lots of fun
From vinyl to digital, beach music has set the tone for endless summer days and nights of sand, sea, and romance…and the beat goes on!
Please post your comment below. Comments will appear the next day.
Sunny Magdaug and Patti Kishel hold the exclusive rights to this copyrighted material. Publications wishing to reprint it may contact them at email@example.com Individuals and non-profit groups are welcome to post it on social media sites as long as credit is given.